Competency Based Interviewing Course
This competency based interviewing training course is designed for those with responsibility for selecting new members of the team. It will help reduce staff turnover by ensuring that your selections are of the right calibre. Using competency based interviewing techniques will help identify those that will perform well within your team.
- Positioning of competency based interviewing in the context of your organisation
- Format and techniques of a competency based interview
- Acquiring evidence – questioning & listening skills
- Conducting a competency based interview
- Review of candidate ratings and recommendations
- Making the selection decision
- Review and next steps
This course is suitable for:
- Colleagues who already have some experience in recruitment. Additionally it is suitable for team leaders, managers and directors
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the course - AMA
By the end of this one day course, participants will have:
- Practiced competency based interviewing techniques
- Developed an effective questioning model for use in selection
- Evaluated and grouped data according to specified competencies
- Made objective selection decisions based on the evidence acquired
- Participated in practice scenarios designed to test understanding and use of the skills learned
If you have had mixed results up to now with your recruitment decisions then this course will help you to increase your effectiveness and make your hiring decisions more robust
This is either a half day or one day course dependent upon numbers
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Simply fill in the form to the right and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
What our clients are saying
Sarah Cross - Managing Director, Uber, UK
I would recommend Dave as a trainer and a business coach having worked with him for delivery of both client training and coaching and with the team here at uber. He is knowledgeable and consistently reliable.
Phil Ryan - Deputy Chief Executive, The University of Wales
Dave is a talented trainer - who understands people and who can communicate process succinctly and simply - massively impacting people's effectiveness in the process. His high energy and positive outlook is an asset - first class!
Andrew Richardson - Managing Director, Home House Club
Axio Development brought a new initiative to the development of the club and our people. The outcomes of the project so far, which is an initiative developing staff at all levels in the business, are improved communication, motivation, people skills and leadership.
Dave Lewis - Manchester City Council
Thank you again for your support and developing the teambuilding programme for the Private Finance Intitative. It was well received by both the Manchester Council and the Amey management teams. More importantly the outcomes were in line with what was wanted with greater cooperation and stronger working relationships.