Delegation Skills Training
Delegation skills are vital, in order to assign responsibility and authority to others, in order to complete a task. Get things done with the use of time and work from other people.
Delegation is the ability to assign task responsibility and authority to others. The skill in delegation is the ability to get things done by using the work and time of other people. Effective delegation is a critical skill for directors, managers and supervisors. Yet, what is less often appreciated is that delegation skill is an important personal time management tool.
- The benefits of delegation
- Distinguishing effective and ineffective delegation
- The 6 steps to effective delegation
- Outcome vs task – understanding the difference
- Selecting the right person to delegate to
- Developing all team members through delegation
- The delegation meeting/conversation
- Follow up and accountability
This course is suitable for:
Delegation skills training is ideal for all colleagues above first level roles wanting to enhance their own and their teams productivity and focus on crucial goals and targets. It is also for those who want to develop skills in their team members and see a better return on the investment the business has made
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Delegation Skills Course
After completing this course, participants will have:
- Defined delegation and understood what are the barriers which stop managers from delegating
- Identified tasks that can be delegated and whether the method or the outcome is the most important
- Practiced how to select the right person for the task
- Practiced delegation in a variety of differing scenarios
- Developed a process to review progress and give effective, motivational feedback
If you need to get more from your people and yourself and concentrate on the important tasks for your role instead of doing the work that others should and could be doing, then this course will support you in this and give you the tools to become a better manager and leader.
This is a half day course.