Delegation Skills Training
Delegation is the ability to assign task responsibility and authority to others. The skill in delegation is the ability to get things done by using the work and time of other people. Effective delegation is a critical skill for directors, managers and supervisors. Yet, what is less often appreciated is that delegation skill is an important personal time management tool.
- The benefits of delegation
- Distinguishing effective and ineffective delegation
- The 6 steps to effective delegation
- Outcome vs task – understanding the difference
- Selecting the right person to delegate to
- Developing all team members through delegation
- The delegation meeting/conversation
- Follow up and accountability
This course is suitable for:
Delegation skills training is ideal for all colleagues above first level roles wanting to enhance their own and their teams productivity and focus on crucial goals and targets. It is also for those who want to develop skills in their team members and see a better return on the investment the business has made
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the course - AMA
After completing this course, participants will have:
- Defined delegation and understood what are the barriers which stop managers from delegating
- Identified tasks that can be delegated and whether the method or the outcome is the most important
- Practiced how to select the right person for the task
- Practiced delegation in a variety of differing scenarios
- Developed a process to review progress and give effective, motivational feedback
If you need to get more from your people and yourself and concentrate on the important tasks for your role instead of doing the work that others should and could be doing, then this course will support you in this and give you the tools to become a better manager and leader
This is a half day course
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Simply fill in the form to the right and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
What our clients are saying
Sarah Cross - Managing Director, Uber, UK
I would recommend Dave as a trainer and a business coach having worked with him for delivery of both client training and coaching and with the team here at uber. He is knowledgeable and consistently reliable.
Phil Ryan - Deputy Chief Executive, The University of Wales
Dave is a talented trainer - who understands people and who can communicate process succinctly and simply - massively impacting people's effectiveness in the process. His high energy and positive outlook is an asset - first class!
Andrew Richardson - Managing Director, Home House Club
Axio Development brought a new initiative to the development of the club and our people. The outcomes of the project so far, which is an initiative developing staff at all levels in the business, are improved communication, motivation, people skills and leadership.
Dave Lewis - Manchester City Council
Thank you again for your support and developing the teambuilding programme for the Private Finance Intitative. It was well received by both the Manchester Council and the Amey management teams. More importantly the outcomes were in line with what was wanted with greater cooperation and stronger working relationships.