Executive Development Programme
This is our flagship Executive Development Programme. Senior people in the business world seldom get the time to focus on themselves and their effectiveness. This is an opportunity to do just that and hone and develop skills along with other senior managers and business leaders.
The traditional leadership models are becoming more redundant as the world changes at an increasingly frantic rate. What is needed is an approach which encompasses inclusive leadership, humility, self-awareness, curiosity – both for differing people and ideas – and a willingness to be vulnerable and imperfect. And all of this whilst providing the direction, passion and role modelling example behavior.
This course has been developed over many years and allows for high level skill development of senior people in a positive yet challenging environment. With the support of experts in the art of developing successful leaders into outstanding leaders, participants get to focus on all aspects of leadership ability. From the impact of how we communicate ourselves, through work/life balance, dealing with under-performance in others and planning our vision for the future, every aspect of how we come across to the world will be examined, improved and developed.
Session 1 – Understanding Yourself
- Clarify and communicate the barriers to your success
- Understand the responsibility of Leadership
- Understand the Leadership balance
- Lower the barriers to personal and professional development
Serious Communication Skills
- Become a more engaging communicator and a good listener
- Understand the value of listening on level of empathy
- Improve your ability to build rapport and develop a deeper understanding of who other people are.
- Develop the courage to go deeper and develop relationships built on trust and understanding
- Questioning to deliver understanding and direct the narrative
Session 2 – Attitude Control
- To develop a more controlled response to situations and know that we can choose our attitude.
- Develop the ability to control our attitude through awareness and resist the temptations that prevent effective leadership
- Recognise how our attitudes communicate who we are and that, in changing our attitude we also change how we show up to the world.
- Develop a consistent approach to dealing with under performance
- Develop the ability to see clearly what the issues with under performance are before we deal with them
- Handle mistakes effectively using a person centred approach
- Develop the ability to hold people accountable and have the conversation that you planned
Session 3 – Understanding Leadership
- Understanding that leadership is not a job, it’s a mission
- Realise that people react differently to change and have both logical and emotional responses
- Develop the skills to grow people
- Develop humility and understanding with differing people
- Understand the relationship between Supporting, Directing, Delegating and Coaching
- Using our leadership style to inspire and develop others
- Knowing when to take the lead and when to step back
- Creating an environment of trust and challenge
Session 4 – The Power of Focus
- Identify our negative habits and redefine them as positive
- Create an opportunity for more intentional success
- Develop specific goals for the future to excite and inspire
- Understand the motivations of others and ourselves
- Use these to engineer more win-win situations
- Use motivation techniques as an effective development tool
Session 5 – Stress Awareness and Reduction
- Recognising stress triggers in leadership situations
- Identifying causes
- Techniques for minimising the effects
- Turning stress into performance
Individual Characteristic Mapping
- Understand how we have developed into who we are
- Recognising our dominant characteristics
- Understanding these in our teams and individuals
- Using this knowledge to improve teamwork and job performance
Session 6 – The Art of Inspiration
- Develop the ability to inspire others through a controlled, emotional impact.
- Recognise the value of a step change in our performance and celebrate the successes of the step change during the programme
- Make an ongoing commitment to continued growth
Mapping the Future
- Creating breakthroughs
- Assess personal and professional development
- Mapping the future
This programme is for:
- Managing Directors
- Senior level people who need to make a step change in their performance
- Business owners
- All senior business people who find that the traditional ways of leading are not delivering the results they need
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Executive Development Course
What makes this programme different?
Traditional leadership development programmes prepare leaders for a world that is fast disappearing. Leaders today need to cope in an uncertain, volatile, and disruptive environment. This executive development programme develops in leaders the key skills that are needed for the 21st century leadership arena. Areas such as inclusive leadership, humility, self-awareness, curiosity – both for differing people and ideas – and a willingness to be vulnerable and imperfect are covered.
What is an executive development program?
An executive development program focuses on many aspects of leadership, business and management, the social media environment and the fake news agenda. This program helps professionals develop new and enhance old skills in many areas of business, including areas which they have often not devoted their time to previously.
What does leadership development mean?
Leadership development is a programme that improves the skills, abilities and confidence of leaders. It also supports leaders in coping with, and driving forward through, the uncertainties of the business world today.
Can leadership skills be developed?
Success in leadership depends on more than technical skills and a willingness to work hard. You also need soft skills, resilience, humility, understanding, a willingness to work with people who don’t think like you, self-belief and confidence. Some people have these skills naturally. They can though be developed with practice, support and application.
Further questions about the Executive Development Course
By the end of this programme, participants have:
- Seen themselves how other see them
- Developed high level communication, questioning and listening skills
- Developed humility and the ability to better understand different types of people
- Know how to get the best out of themselves and others
- Understand how to read and understand others better and use this to improve performance
- Held people accountable in a more effective way
- Developed a robust, effective leadership style which allows them to make a step change in their effectiveness and results in professional life
- Learned to communicate with conviction and belief such that people take much more notice
This programme is aimed at Managing Directors, Directors and Senior Level people who need to make a step change in their performance. Also business owners and all who find that the traditional ways of leading are not delivering the results they need
This is a highly effective, engaging six day course, usually with one session every 2 or 3 weeks apart. The final session includes an overnight stay with celebration meal.
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Fill in the form to the right and we’ll call you back to answer your questions.
What our clients are saying
Simon Mettrick, Director, JPL Ltd.
The executive development programme has made me look at myself in much more detail identifying areas that I could improve. I am now getting through more tasks, better at getting other people to do more things and interacting with people on a more professional level. I would highly recommend this course for all people in senior roles, especially if going through a change process or have issues within the business.
Phil Ryan - CEO, International Compliance Association
Dave is a talented trainer who understands people and who can communicate process succinctly and simply - massively impacting people's effectiveness in the process. His high energy and positive outlook is an asset - first class!
Andrew Richardson - Managing Director, Home House Club
Axio Development brought a new initiative to the development of the club and our people. The outcomes of the project so far, which is an initiative developing staff at all levels in the business, are improved communication, motivation, people skills and leadership.
Dave Lewis - Team Leader, Manchester City Council
Thank you again for your support and developing the teambuilding programme for the Private Finance Intitative. It was well received by both the Manchester Council and the Amey management teams. More importantly the outcomes were in line with what was wanted with greater cooperation and stronger working relationships.