Recruitment and Retention Training Course
Our Recruitment and Retention training course enables people to develop the skills of attracting, screening and selecting the right people for a position within an organisation. It is an important management activity in building up an effective workforce.
Retention strategies, as a part of this course, include developing the policies and plans that a business needs to put in place to reduce employee turnover and ensure employees are engaged, productive and in it for the long-term.
This practical and interactive one-day recruitment and retention training course provides participants with the skills, knowledge, practice and confidence to recruit and retain the right people for the roles within their organisation.
Participants are coached to practice their interviewing skills during the course using case studies and real life examples developed to ensure that they get the experience they need. Additionally we work with the participants to refine and adapt their organisation’s recruitment and retention procedures to better reflect the changing needs in recruitment in the modern business world.
Context for recruitment
- The cost of poor recruitment decisions
- The management role in the selection process
- What is the purpose of the role?
- Developing a job profile, talent profile, culture profile and personality profile for the role
- Aligning the job role with company goals and aims
Advertising the job
- Prepare and effective advert
- Choosing the correct source
- Timing of the advert
The application process
- Application forms
- Initial review of applicants
- Responding to applicants and shortlisting
The interview process
- Initial screening – use of technology
- Setting up an interview
- Use of interview panels
- Getting to know the real person
- Effective questions for the interviewer
- Effective listening in the recruitment process
- Use of test/demonstrations in interviews
- Answering a candidates questions
The selection process
- Analysing their CV
- Use of references
- Scoring and ranking
- Selection without bias
- Social media checks
The appointment process
- Informing the successful candidate
- Handling the unsuccessful candidates
- Contracts of employment
- What further checks may be necessary
- Clarifying exactly what’s expected of employees
- Embedding professional development and learning
- Mentoring and support
- Understanding individual motivators
- Creating an employee development plan
The Recruitment and Retention course is supported with:
- A participant pre-course Milestones for Success evaluation questionnaire
- A colour printed workbook with skills, methods, tips and techniques
This course is suitable for:
This recruitment and retention training course is designed for all those with responsibility for selecting new team members. It will help reduce staff turnover by ensuring that your selections are of the right calibre.
Download your free Milestones self assessment sheet here: Milestones to Success – Recruitment and retention
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Recruitment and Retention Course
Recruitment is the process of attracting, screening and selecting the right people for a role within an organisation. It is an important management activity in building up an effective workforce. Retention involves developing the policies and plans that a business needs to put in place to reduce employee turnover and ensure employees are engaged, productive and in it for the long-term.
Recruitment is the process of finding the best candidates for employment and encouraging them to apply for jobs in the organisation. Selection involves the process by which those candidates are screened and selected for the vacant posts. The two processes support each other.
Retention of a positive and motivated employee is very important for an organisation’s success. Employees are often the biggest asset a business has and retaining the talent they have is vital in getting the best return on the investment in them. High employee turnover increases the expenses and also has a negative impact on the organisation’s morale.
Those who attend our recruitment and retention course, will learn how to:
- Choose an effective medium for advertising a role
- Prepare an effective job advert
- Prepare for recruitment by considering the four critical profiles for the role
- Develop an effective application process
- Analyse CV’s and use references to cross check
- Select and shortlist suitable applicants
- Use initial screening to narrow down the numbers
- Conduct an effective candidate interview
- Score candidates without bias and make the right candidate selection
- Use social media to confirm background
- Confirm the appointment and prepare the next steps
If you have the responsibility for recruiting new employees or replacing those that have left your business and you feel that your skills are not at the level that you want then this is the right course for you.
This is a one day course.
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Fill in the form to the right and we’ll call you back to answer your questions.