Employee Motivation Skills Training Course
People are an organisation’s biggest asset and getting the best from everyone must be high on any managers or leaders agenda. Employee motivation, the ability to inspire peak performance from others, is vital in developing the qualities of continuous improvement and getting a return on the investment we have made in our people. This employee motivation skills training course enables managers to understand the nature of motivation in an organisation and how to support their people to consistently perform at higher levels, creating a workplace environment where people achieve goals, hit targets and commit themselves unreservedly.
Motivation is at the heart of everything employees do, or don’t do. There are different types of motivation and it’s the quality of their motivation that impacts results. This employee motivation skills training course focusses on three main areas:
Increasing employee engagement – day-to-day motivation and engagement.
Enhancing individual well-being – improving people’s positive energy, vitality, commitment, passion and self-belief
Increasing productivity – motivated employees are more productive, achieve better results, and are more likely to enjoy their jobs and want to stay at the company
- What is motivation?
- Defining our beliefs about motivation
- Qualities of a motivated individual
- Effects of poor motivation
- Building trust in your team
Understanding others motivation
- What do people want from their jobs?
- Motivation to work – a self-analysis
- Motivation theories
- Distinguishing between the hygiene factors and the higher motivators
- Questions for evaluating and generating motivation
- Discovering others motivations exercise
- Supporting employees self-actualisation
- Motivation surveys – asking them what’s important
Positive feedback as a motivation tool
- Key points when giving positive feedback
- Opportunities to deliver feedback in the workplace
- Strengths exercise
- Motivation by walking about
The employee motivation training will be supported with:
- A participant pre-course Milestones for Success questionnaire to assess current skill levels and experience
- A motivation survey both during the course and to take back to the workplace
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- People at all levels within an organisation
Download your free Milestones self assessment sheet here: Milestones to Success – Employee Motivation
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Employee Motivation Course
Employee motivation training emphases self-motivation techniques, understanding others motivations and using tried and tested methods for getting the best from other people. This allows employees to push themselves and reach goals that set for them.
Because if people are not motivated then the morale continues to drop, the manager needs to constantly put in more work, goals and deadlines are missed and generally people work to the lowest common denominator ie. “what’s the least effort I can get away with?”
To become an effective leader, you must be self-motivated. You must know your identity, your needs and you must have a strong urge to do anything to achieve your goals. Also if your team perceive that you are not motivated or are demotivated then they will think “why should we be motivated?”
A well-motivated workforce provides several advantages: Better productivity, effective teamwork, ability to solve problems and fun in the workplace! This provides a better environment for all.
By the end of this one day course, participants will have:
- Defined motivation and identified what makes them ‘tick’
- Understood the causes of job dissatisfaction
- Used a questioning technique with enables them to understand others motivations
- Developed skills to use this with a variety of differing colleagues
- Planned a series of motivation exercises for their team/organisation
If you want to get more from your people and develop more of a ‘can do will do’ attitude within your organisation then this is the course for you.
This is a half day course.