Delegation Skills Training Course
This practical delegation skills training course equips participants with the skills and a comprehensive range of tools that enable them to be more effective when delegating and to effectively assign accountability and authority to others. They will learn how to do this whilst understanding that they must still retain overall responsibility, whilst ensuring that the people they delegate to are in no doubt as to what is expected of them.
This delegation skills training course gives participants the ability to effectively assign task, responsibility and authority to others in their team. They will learn all of the steps in delegation and the ability to get things done by using the work and time of other people.
Effective delegation is a critical skill for directors, managers and supervisors. If you or your team members are guilty of not delegating effectively, keeping too many tasks to yourself either through not knowing how to delegate or wanting to control every aspect of your role, then you are possibly ineffective as a manger and are not getting the best from the resources around you – your people.
This delegation skills training course will enable to you change the way you operate, be more effective as a manger and deliver better, faster results.
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Delegation Skills Course
Learning to delegate effectively frees you up for the more important tasks, and empowers your people. Delegating work to your team is a key element of getting things done.
- Decide which tasks you are ready and able to delegate.
- Select the best person to delegate to based around skill development and ability.
- Prepare a delegation plan.
- Decide which is most important – method or outcome.
- Give clear assignments and instructions.
- Set a definite completion date.
- Follow-up regularly to ensure progress.
- Give credit and feedback when results are achieved.
- Delegate responsibility and authority, not just the task.
After completing this course, participants will have:
- Defined delegation and understood what are the barriers which stop managers from delegating
- Articulate the benefits of effective delegation and describe the effects of good delegation
- Identified tasks that can be delegated and whether the method or the outcome is the most important
- Practiced how to select the right person for the task
- Practiced delegation in a variety of differing scenarios
- Developed a process to review progress and give effective, motivational feedback
If you need to get more from your people and yourself and concentrate on the important tasks for your role instead of doing the work that others should and could be doing, then this course will support you in this and give you the tools to become a better manager and leader.
This is a half day course.
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Fill in the form to the right and we’ll call you back to answer your questions.
Delegation Skills For
Learn how to delegate effectively within your organisation, how to delegate with less stress and achieve far greater results.
Inspire commitment and learn how to show context to why you're delegating and how a person fits into the larger picture.
Develop your confidence to delegate and overcome your resistance to delegation amongst colleagues.
Increase profitability, build trust, morale and increase the skills of junior lawyers by delegating with precision.