Time Management Skills Courses
This time management skills course enables you to develop and implement time management tools and techniques that give you more control of the time you have and how it is used. This course enables participants to identify areas of their role where time could and should be better utilised and also more effective ways to plan for and prioritise the many things that have to be done.
The time management skills course explores why we do what we do: the paradigms we have been taught and habits we have adopted and sub-consciously apply, some of which are no longer appropriate or necessary due to technological innovation, change of role, change of law, change of culture. We all carry unnecessary baggage. This course is facilitated in a fun and interactive style to identify that baggage and thereby produce permanent, positive change. The ability to make informed decisions such as when good enough is good enough and the ability to ensure innovations in technology work for us not against us, enabling us to stop the tyranny of the smart phone and tablet.
On this time management course we identify the complementary skills that are key to time-management, such as delegation, assertiveness, people and communication skills and identify how these can be applied to greater effect.
Techniques and best practices are shared so that participants can experiment with what best suits them depending on their role and responsibilities, body clock (are they a morning or evening person) and personal responsibilities (family, social, community.)
We explore how it is possible to have a better work:life balance without neglecting either and thereby reduce stress levels; how to defend your diary without causing offence or being seen as negative or unco-operative.
Barriers and challenges to effective time management
Principles of effective time management
- Identifying the ‘time robbers’ and exploring strategies to thwart them
- Back to basics – clarifying what you should be doing
- Job descriptions
- Key performance indicators
Prioritising and planning effectively
- The urgent and important matrix
- Defending your diary
- Managing interruptions
- Saying “no” positively and without causing offence
Exploring effective time management tools and techniques
- Using time logs to see where your time is actually going
- To do lists
- Block time
This course is suitable for:
All colleagues throughout the organisation
Download your free Milestones self assessment sheet here: Milestones to Success – Time management skills
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Time Management Skills Course
- Activity Logs – Checking how we really spend our time
- Costing our Time – Finding out how much our time is worth
- Effective Prioritising – Making sure we concentrate on the right things
- Prioritised To Do Lists – Tackling the right tasks first
- Block Time – Making the best use of our time
- Clear Desk (Screen) Policy – Managing paperwork (including emails)
- Better Work-Life balance
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Focus on the priorities
- Ability to say no without offending or appearing negative
- Understanding when “good enough is good enough” and doesn’t compromise performance
- Capacity to “defend your diary”
- Unnecessary meetings
- Being nice rather than good to people
- Work avoidance tasks
- Doing other people’s jobs for them
- Taking on other people’s problems
By the end of this one day course, participants will have:
- Identified ‘time robbers’ which reduce their productivity
- Developed practical time management skills for scheduling, planning and prioritising work
- Analysed where their time actually goes
- Understand how time is wasted
- Developed the use of the important/urgent matrix
- Constructed more effective, prioritised ‘to do’ lists
Effective time management is crucial for everyone’s success and if you feel that you could be doing it better than this course will allow you to do just that.
This is either a half or one day fully interactive course.
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Fill in the form to the right and we’ll call you back to answer your questions.