Stress Management Training Course
This stress management training course puts a positive slant on how to approach worry & stress. Day-to-day pressures of the 21st century professional can oftern bring worry and stress to the fore. AXIO’s Stress Management Training course coaches participants to manage and take advantage of stress in order to enhance performance.
Whether from the same organisation and profession or from diverse backgrounds, disciplines and professions we all react to stress in different ways. AXIO coaches make a virtue of the diverse personalities we all have and deliver a programme that meets individual needs by drawing on the experience of everyone present.
Without dismissing the harmful implications of stress AXIO coaches put a positive emphasis on stress which turns this course into a constructive experience. Participants who suffer from stress have commented that what they felt energised, motivated and in control.
This interactive stress management training course sets out to ensure participants’ are able to control excessive worry & stress in their own way for their own benefit. This is achieved by following the AXIO tried and tested facilitation process which identifies a participants’ individual circumstances and then through group interaction and feedback integrates these with the whole group so each individual benefits from everyone else’s experience. One person’s stress is another’s excitement. Interacting with others and sharing experiences put worry and stress in perspective causing them to be viewed objectively.
Participants identify their specific worry and stress triggers, determine when they experience a positive reaction and when the stress they experience has a negative impact and see how a stressful situation can be turned to personal / professional advantage.
The objective is for participants to have an understanding of positive & negative stress; be able to differentiate between the two and discover how top performers use stress to their advantage. To turn anxiety into excitement, dread into eager anticipation.
Personal stress and worry
- Defining your own stress
- Recognising the trigger factors
- Mood awareness
- Positive and negative stress
- Using a stress diary
Managing workload stress
- Confirming your priorities
- Managing your resources
- Managing your time to reduce stress
- Avoiding procrastination
- Top tips & techniques to combat stress
Managing your thinking
- Rational positive thinking
- Avoiding self-criticism
- Keeping things in perspective
- Attitude control
Using stress to enhance performance
- Tips and techniques
- Exceeding your own expectations
- Balancing your life
Dealing with the physical symptoms
- Relaxation exercises
- Imagery and positive thinking
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who is aware that stress affects them in their job performance and who is determined to do something about it
Download your free Milestones self assessment sheet here: Milestones to Success – Stress Management training course
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Stress Management Training Course
- Feeling irritable or anxious;
- Being more emotional; feeling on edge
- Loss of interest
- Change in sleep patterns: sleeping more than usual; difficulty getting to sleep;
- Tired, lack of energy
- Loss of concentration
- Difficulty making decisions
- Change in eating habits: loss of appetite; comfort eating
- Using alcohol or drugs to relieve or forget stress
- Work-life inbalance
- Poor time-management, planning or prioritization
- Lack of direction
- Poor communication
- Lack of information
- Poor performance
- Lack of motivation & enthusiasm
- Low morale
By the end of this half day course, participants will have:
- Identified their stress factors and how to recognise them
- Begun a stress diary to clearly define any patterns
- Understood where the stress point are in their job
- Worked on physical and emotional techniques to better manage their stress
- Defined how anger affects them
- Learnt how to diffuse the stress caused by anger into better job performance
This is for all who show symptoms of stress and understand that it is holding them back from better performance.
An effective, engaging half day course, tailored to suit your needs and requirements.