First Line Manager Training Course
This is a comprehensive two-day management development training programme. The first day provides an introduction to people management covering all of the key skills and the second day introduces further techniques and skills for becoming a more effective manager once the key management basics covered in day one are in place
- The role of the manager
- Communication in management
- Effective time management and prioritising
- Planning and organisation skills
- Coaching and feedback
- Delegation skills
- Effective KPI based jobs descriptions
- Accountability and responsibility
- Decision making
- Managing difficult people and situations
This course is suitable for:
- First time managers, supervisors and team leaders
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the course - AMA
By the end of this course participants will:
- Understand their roles and responsibilities as a manager
- Be able to provide clear and effective communication to all levels and appreciate the importance of adapting their communication style to create understanding and rapport with others
- Be able to use time to best effect
- Apply their coaching skills to enhance team performance
- Delegate with a positive and supportive attitude
- Develop effective team working methods
- Identify and practise skills for managing difficult people and behaviour in the workplace
If you are new to a management position then the skills learned here will be essential to allow you to develop and prosper
This is a two day course ideally with the days spaced 2 weeks apart to allow for application of skills
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Simply fill in the form to the right and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
What our clients are saying
Sarah Cross - Managing Director, Uber, UK
I would recommend Dave as a trainer and a business coach having worked with him for delivery of both client training and coaching and with the team here at uber. He is knowledgeable and consistently reliable.
Phil Ryan - Deputy Chief Executive, The University of Wales
Dave is a talented trainer - who understands people and who can communicate process succinctly and simply - massively impacting people's effectiveness in the process. His high energy and positive outlook is an asset - first class!
Andrew Richardson - Managing Director, Home House Club
Axio Development brought a new initiative to the development of the club and our people. The outcomes of the project so far, which is an initiative developing staff at all levels in the business, are improved communication, motivation, people skills and leadership.
Dave Lewis - Manchester City Council
Thank you again for your support and developing the teambuilding programme for the Private Finance Intitative. It was well received by both the Manchester Council and the Amey management teams. More importantly the outcomes were in line with what was wanted with greater cooperation and stronger working relationships.