First Line Manager Training Course
First line managers need to have effective time management skills, know how to plan and organise, and need to know how to delegate appropriately. Learn the skills and techniques necessary to excel!
This is a comprehensive two-day management development training programme. The first day provides an introduction to people management covering all of the key skills and the second day introduces further techniques and skills for becoming a more effective manager once the key management basics covered in day one are in place
- The role of the manager
- Communication in management
- Effective time management and prioritising
- Planning and organisation skills
- Coaching and feedback
- Delegation skills
- Effective KPI based jobs descriptions
- Accountability and responsibility
- Decision making
- Managing difficult people and situations
This course is suitable for:
- First time managers, supervisors and team leaders
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Team Building Skills Course
By the end of this course participants will:
- Understand their roles and responsibilities as a manager
- Be able to provide clear and effective communication to all levels and appreciate the importance of adapting their communication style to create understanding and rapport with others
- Be able to use time to best effect
- Apply their coaching skills to enhance team performance
- Delegate with a positive and supportive attitude
- Develop effective team working methods
- Identify and practise skills for managing difficult people and behaviour in the workplace
If you are new to a management position then the skills learned here will be essential to allow you to develop and prosper.
This is a two day course ideally with the days spaced 2 weeks apart to allow for application of skills.