Communication Skills Courses
Choose from a selection of our skill based training courses
Choose from our list of skill based training courses below, all tailored to fit your needs.
Our trainers don’t just train, we ensure you have the skills needed to continually achieve your goals.
The telephone is just one of the most common methods of communication in the modern business world, yet probably because familiarity breeds contempt it is often poorly used. The telephone is one of the first way our customers make contact with us and brings unique challenges to the way we communicate and the way the message is received and understood
- Fundamental tips for telephone usage
- Body language and tone
- Questioning and listening
- The importance of first impressions
- The three stages of the call
- Handling awkward callers
- Controlling the call
All telephone users – especially those coming into contact with internal or external customers and suppliers
The ability to communicate with impact and present well is an important part of business today. Whether engineer or accountant, sales person or executive, the harsh reality is that in both formal and informal situations, decisions are often made on your personal performance alone.
This course addresses the challenges that people have with effective presenting and getting our message across with conviction and impact
- Preparing yourself
- Understanding the audience
- Preparing the content and structure
- How to deliver with confidence and influence
Anyone who has to make more of an impact with What they say and how they say it to customers, colleagues, decision makers and influencers in formal/structured presentation situations or ad hoc discussions
For those who chair meetings face to face and conference calls and want to make them more effective and efficient by maximising the contribution of all people present
- Principles for and roles within effective meetings
- Constructing and using agendas
- Skills and qualities of an effective chair
- Chairing meetings effectively
- Managing time in meetings
- Encouraging and managing participation
- Small group sessions within meetings
- Reviewing meetings
All who run meetings
Dealing with Difficult Behaviour / People
In business today it is inevitable that we will come across some difficult people and/or poor behaviour. This can come from colleagues, customers or suppliers. We are dealing with human beings and not everyone can get on with everyone! This course covers how natural reactions to the situations we face and how to ensure a professional response to better deal with such people and situations.
- Exploring the ranges of emotion
- Staying calm in difficult situations
- Understanding people’s intentions
- Keeping perspective and let the person know where you are coming from
- Building and maintaining rapport
- Focussing on actions
Anyone in a supervisory, management or customer facing role.
Conflict Resolution Training
Interpersonal conflict is a fact of life and can arise in almost any sphere, from professional through to personal relationships. This course works on how to resolve it effectively, in a way that reducesstress levels and delivers a win/win for all sides.
- Defining the source of the conflict
- Knowing when to compete or confront
- Denial and avoidance – what to look out for
- Compromise and negotiation
- Collaboration – delivering the win/win
- Essential skills needed
- Managing emotions
- Empathy and understanding
Anyone who has to work in a conflict situation or deal more effectively with it.
Coaching & Mentoring Training
In leadership positions today it is important that we not only produce results but that we coach and develop all of our people. In this way we are delivering growth both for the business and the individuals and also for ourselves.
This course sets out the skills needed and the challenges faced in becoming and effective coach and mentor.
- Coaching vs mentoring
- Benefits of coaching
- Qualities of an effective coach and mentor
- Principles of coaching
- Managing our attutude
- managing their attitudes
- Accountability and responsibility
- The coaching development cycle
- Team coaching plan
- Using the GROW model for enhanced performance
Prospective and actual leaders and managers responsible for growing and developing their teams.
Confidence & Assertiveness Skills
Some people are naturally confident and assertive, for others it comes through experience and coaching. Here all the areas and skills needed to develop confidence and assertiveness are covered in the sorts of situations which often arise in the workplace
- Compare none assertiveness, aggression and assertiveness
- Guidelines for an assertive approach
- Handling different types of people
- Speaking with confidence and influence
- Saying ‘no’ positively and effectively without causing offence
- Exerting control
- Resisting pressure and dominant people
Colleagues throughout the organisation