Diversity training is aimed and providing a quality foundation to develop cultural awareness, sensitivity, knowledge and competence.
This course is designed to explore elements of cultural diversity with the aim of providing a foundation for the developing the cultural competence of all team members. It helps define culture and present models and will aide practitioners in their work with people from different cultural backgrounds than their own.
- Cultural Awareness – definitions and models
- Cultural Sensitivity – working with difference and managing concerns and problems
- Cultural Knowledge – demographics and how to apply
- Cultural Competence – practice of knowledge and skills
Our course is suitable for:
- People at all levels who have to work with ethnically and culturally differeing people
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the Diversity Training Course
By the end of this half day course, participants will have:
- Understood the elements which comprise culture and identity and how these can be used to promote more effective interactions
- Identified the issues, problems and concerns which may arise when working across cultures and how these might be addressed.
- Recognised the importance of differing personal beliefs, cultural differences, boundaries, and the impact these can have in the workplace
- Defined their own cultural identity better and the impact of that in practice situations
This training course is designed for the modern diverse workplace where different people and cultures come together and have to work effectively to produce strong business and personal relationships and produce results
Normally a half day course, however, the course is fully customisable to make it an engaging one day course.