This course is designed to explore elements of cultural diversity with the aim of providing a foundation for the developing the cultural competence of all team members. It helps define culture and present models and will aide practitioners in their work with people from different cultural backgrounds than their own.
- Cultural Awareness - definitions and models
- Cultural Sensitivity - working with difference and managing concerns and problems
- Cultural Knowledge - demographics and how to apply
- Cultural Competence - practice of knowledge and skills
Our course is suitable for:
- People at all levels who have to work with ethnically and culturally differeing people
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the course - AMA
By the end of this half day course, participants will have:
- Understood the elements which comprise culture and identity and how these can be used to promote more effective interactions
- Identified the issues, problems and concerns which may arise when working across cultures and how these might be addressed.
- Recognised the importance of differing personal beliefs, cultural differences, boundaries, and the impact these can have in the workplace
- Defined their own cultural identity better and the impact of that in practice situations
This training course is designed for the modern diverse workplace where different people and cultures come together and have to work effectively to produce strong business and personal relationships and produce results
Normally a half day course, however, the course is fully customisable to make it an engaging one day course.
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Simply fill in the form to the right and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
What our clients are saying
Sarah Cross - Managing Director, Uber, UK
I would recommend Dave as a trainer and a business coach having worked with him for delivery of both client training and coaching and with the team here at uber. He is knowledgeable and consistently reliable.
Phil Ryan - Deputy Chief Executive, The University of Wales
Dave is a talented trainer - who understands people and who can communicate process succinctly and simply - massively impacting people's effectiveness in the process. His high energy and positive outlook is an asset - first class!
Andrew Richardson - Managing Director, Home House Club
Axio Development brought a new initiative to the development of the club and our people. The outcomes of the project so far, which is an initiative developing staff at all levels in the business, are improved communication, motivation, people skills and leadership.
Dave Lewis - Manchester City Council
Thank you again for your support and developing the teambuilding programme for the Private Finance Intitative. It was well received by both the Manchester Council and the Amey management teams. More importantly the outcomes were in line with what was wanted with greater cooperation and stronger working relationships.