Confidence and Assertiveness Skills
Some people have natural confidence and assertiveness, for others it comes through experience and coaching. Here all the areas and skills needed to develop confidence and assertiveness are covered in the sorts of situations which often arise in the workplace
- Compare none assertiveness, aggression and assertiveness
- Guidelines for an assertive approach
- Handling different types of people
- Speaking with confidence and influence
- Saying 'no' positively and effectively without causing offence
- Exerting control
- Resisting pressure and dominant people
This course is suitable for:
Colleagues throughout the organisation
Would you like to find out more?
Questions about the course - AMA
By the end of this one day course, participants will have:
- Understood the barriers to their own confidence
- Practiced skills and techniques to overcome challenging situations
- Learnt how to use more assertive language
- Practiced how to control situations better to build their confidence
- A clearer understanding of when assertiveness is needed
- How to evaluate and learn from mistakes
If you are the sort of person who feels they don't get their point across well or who misses out on opportunities for advancement then this course is for you
A highly effective, engaging half day course, tailored to suit your needs and requirements.
Still have questions?
Request a call-back
Simply fill in the form to the right and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
What our clients are saying
Sarah Cross - Managing Director, Uber, UK
I would recommend Dave as a trainer and a business coach having worked with him for delivery of both client training and coaching and with the team here at uber. He is knowledgeable and consistently reliable.
Phil Ryan - Deputy Chief Executive, The University of Wales
Dave is a talented trainer - who understands people and who can communicate process succinctly and simply - massively impacting people's effectiveness in the process. His high energy and positive outlook is an asset - first class!
Andrew Richardson - Managing Director, Home House Club
Axio Development brought a new initiative to the development of the club and our people. The outcomes of the project so far, which is an initiative developing staff at all levels in the business, are improved communication, motivation, people skills and leadership.
Dave Lewis - Manchester City Council
Thank you again for your support and developing the teambuilding programme for the Private Finance Intitative. It was well received by both the Manchester Council and the Amey management teams. More importantly the outcomes were in line with what was wanted with greater cooperation and stronger working relationships.